Six Tips for Blackjack
1. Learn the Rules - Players land-based casinos who do not know the rules of the game are at a serious disadvantage. There are numerous online venues that will provide new blackjack players with hands-on tutorials at absolutely no cost.
2. Know the Goal - A common mistake made by new players online poker is that they assume they must get a hand of 21 to win, but this is not the case. The player simply needs to beat the dealer's hand without exceeding 21.
3. Use a Strategy - While there are many players who are comfortable with playing the game by ear, it is often best to employ a sound blackjack strategy. There are numerous blackjack strategy charts online that players can print for free and use to their hearts' content.
4. Choose a Sound Venue - Some players gambling may feel at home in loud and flashy casinos, but this is not always the case. Players who are easily distracted should try playing in the privacy of their own homes in one of thousands of online venues.
5. Manage the Bankroll - This is the number one rule when it comes to staying smart while gambling. Players should set a certain amount that they can afford to lose and walk away when they have spent it. Conversely, players should always remember to quit while they are ahead.
6. Tip the Dealer - Being a casino dealer is a tough, non-stop job. These dealers are bound to impossibly strict rules and are often underpaid. Tipping the dealer, regardless of whether the player is winning, keeps everyone at the table happy and makes for a better experience all-around.
While these blackjack tips can never promise a player a win, they can absolutely help players keep their wits about them and play safely and smartly. Players should practice these tips on online venues when applicable in order to gear up for the actual experience.